"I added fresh, ripe nectarines and apricots to this bitter cherry pie. These fruits are drupe fruits meaning they may be fleshy with a tough stone or seed inside the center. The pie became summery and delicious! I truely like to use turbinado sugar--it's much less processed and has an awesome taste--but white sugar would be quality, too."
- 2 cups all-motive flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- three/4 cup butter
- 7 tablespoons ice water
- 2 cups pitted sour cherries
- 3 nectarines, pitted and chopped
- 3 clean apricots, pitted and sliced
- 5/8 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-cause flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, reduce into pieces
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 egg yolk
|Prep : 1H||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 1H50M|
- Preheat oven to 425 ranges F (220 degrees C). Place cherries, nectarines and apricots into a colander to empty off any extra liquid.
- To Make Dough: In a medium bowl, integrate flour and salt. Cut 3/4 cup of butter into flour aggregate until it resembles coarse crumbs. Pour in one tablespoon of water at a time until the dough sticks collectively. Add additional water if important. Divide dough into parts. Roll out one 1/2 toa circle 1/8 of an inch thick, then area in a nine inch pie pan. Roll out the opposite 1/2 of the dough and reduce into long strips approximately half inch extensive. Set apart.
- To Make Filling: Place the drained fruit combination right into a medium bowl, Stir inside the sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch and flour; pour into the organized pie pan. Dot with the final tablespoons of butter. Arrange the pastry strips right into a lattice top and crimp edges. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and teaspoon of water, and use a pastry brush to coat just the lattice strips--now not the edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, until the crust begins to brown. Reduce the heat to 350 ranges F (175 tiers C) and bake for an extra 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and permit cool a piece earlier than serving.
All recipes with this dish can allow you to get a fresh and positive cooking encounter in your kitchen and make healthier and more delicious food options. Whatever the occasion, be it a dinner party or just a snack for yourself, it's simple to find pure food recipes that are right for you. If this Drupey Pie recipe fits your family's flavour, please share, remark and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the visit!