|Raisina (Funeral Pie)|
"This is the traditional Amish funeral pie. It is quick made whenever of the year."
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-motive flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- four egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 half of cups raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (nine inch) pie crust, baked and cooled
|Prep :||Cook : 8M||Ready in :|
- Beat the yolks in a bowl on medium velocity for about 2 minutes. Whisk collectively 1 cup of sugar, the flour and the salt. Slowly add the sugar and flour aggregate to the yolks. Beat this aggregate till it falls in ribbons from the beater blade. Scald the milk; upload it very slowly beating all the time.
- Pour yolk combination right into a saucepan. Add the butter or margarine to the saucepan. Cook whilst stirring, over medium warmth, until the custard thickens; this can take three to 5 minutes. Do no longer let boil. Remove from warmness, and upload the vanilla and the raisins. Cover at once with plastic wrap.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Beat in, slowly, 6 tablespoons sugar and cream of tartar. Make sure the filling remains warm, and pour filling into the crust. Top right away with the meringue; spread to the rims.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (one hundred sixty five levels C) for 20 to twenty-five minutes, or until browned. Cool pie on twine rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
All recipes with this dish can allow you to get a new and favorable cooking encounter in your kitchen and create healthier and more delicious food options. Whatever the event, be it a dinner party or just a snack for yourself, it's simple to find pure food recipes that are ideal for you. If this Raisina (Funeral Pie) recipe complements your family's style, please share, opinion and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the check out!