"A cookie traditionally made for the Jewish holiday Purim. They are often packed with a poppy seed or fruit filling."
- 1 (.25 ounce) package energetic dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 3/four cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can poppyseed filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
|Prep :||Cook : 15M||Ready in :|
- Soften yeast in 1/four cup warm water. Heat milk, sugar, butter or margarine and salt till the sugar dissolves; cool to lukewarm. Stir in 2 eggs. Stir in yeast mixture and a pair of cups of the flour, beat well. Stir in enough of the rest of the flour to make a fairly stiff dough.
- Knead on floured floor till clean, and form into a ball. Place dough right into a greased bowl and cover with a towel. Let upward push till doubled, then divide in 1/2.
- To make Filling: Combine the poppy seeds with the lemon peel and lemon juice and blend nicely. Set aside.
- Roll every half of the risen dough right into a 17 x 12 inch rectangle. Cut into four inch circles. Put approximately half Tablespoon of the filling on every circle. Moisten the rims, convey the sides collectively and pinch, forming a triangle. Place on a greased cookie sheet and cover. Let the dough upward push again until doubled.
- Brush with egg yolk mixed with water, then bake at 350 ranges F (180 stages C) for 15 to twenty minutes.
All recipes for this dish will allow you to get a new and favorable cooking encounter in your kitchen and make healthier and more delicious food options. No matter the occasion, be it a dinner party or just a snack for yourself, it's simple to find pure food recipes that are right for you. If this Hamantashen I recipe suits your family's style, please share, remark and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the visit!
Videos For Hamantashen I :
Video Duration:03:08 Total Views: 8000+
Video Duration:01:59 Total Views: 9000+
Video Duration:01:05 Total Views: 7000+