"A traditional German Christmas cookie."
- 3 cups honey
- 2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- three tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 1/four cups all-reason flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 half of teaspoons floor allspice
- 1 half of teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped candied citron
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- three/4 cup water
- 1/three cup sifted confectioners' sugar
|Prep :||Cook : 84M||Ready in :|
- Bring honey to a boil in a big Dutch oven; do away with from warmness, and funky barely. Stir in brown sugar, overwhelmed eggs, lemon rind, and juice.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and spices in a huge mixing bowl; steadily add to honey aggregate, stirring properly. Stir in citron and chopped pecans, mixing well. Cover and sit back in a single day.
- Preheat oven to four hundred degrees F (200 levels C).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Gently press ball to one/four-inch thickness with backside of a pitcher dipped in cool water. Gently press an almond slice in the middle of each cookie. Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove cookie sheets from oven. Brush glaze over cookies and get rid of to cord racks to chill.
- To Make Glaze: Combine 1 half cups sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan; cook dinner over low heat, stirring till sugar dissolves. Cook over excessive warmth, without stirring, till aggregate reaches thread stage (230 ranges F ). Remove from warmness; stir in confectioners' sugar, mixing properly. Place over low heat, if vital, to hold basting consistency.
All recipes with this dish can help you get a fresh and favorable cooking experience in your kitchen and create healthier and more delicious food options. No matter the occasion, make it a dinner party or only a snack on your own, it's simple to locate pure food recipes that are right for you. If this Lebkuchen II recipe fits your family's flavour, please share, opinion and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the visit!
Videos For Lebkuchen II :
Video Duration:16:56 Total Views: 729