"A dark molasses-kind, soft cookie. An vintage-time American cookie from New England, attributed to the mythical Uncle Joe who made cookies as huge as lily pads."
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup darkish molasses
- 1/2 cup water
- four cups all-motive flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 half teaspoons floor ginger
- half of teaspoon ground cloves
- half teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon floor allspice
|Prep : 25M||Cook : 36M||Ready in : 10H|
- In a huge bowl, cream shortening and sugar collectively. Mix in molasses and water. Sift collectively flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice in a bowl; combination into the shortening mixture. Cover and relax overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 ranges F (a hundred ninety levels C). Lightly grease cookie sheets. Roll out cookie dough 1/4 inch thick on floured surface. Cut with 3-inch cookie cutter and set up on organized cookie sheets. Sprinkle cookies with additional sugar (optional).
- Bake until cookies are installation and very lightly browned, 10 to 12 mins. You need to go away cookies on cookie sheet for 2 minutes after baking to preserve them from breaking.
All recipes for this dish will help you get a new and favorable cooking experience in your kitchen and create healthier and more delicious food choices. No matter the event, be it a dinner party or just a snack for yourself, it's simple to locate pure food recipes that are right for you. If this Joe Froggers recipe complements your family's style, please share, opinion and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the go to here!