|Patty's Mom's Black Bean Soup|
"This is a easy recipe, but it's far the best black bean soup I've attempted. I had been lucky to get home smoked ham, and used the bone from it. I've additionally made it with smoked ham hocks I've gotten from the butcher. Of course the home smoked ham makes the soup superlative, the butcher bone made it awesome. Either way, I suppose you'll experience it. It can be made highly spiced if that is the manner you select it. It also can be topped with sour cream."
- 2 cups dry black beans
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- three stalks celery, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped clean parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/eight teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 smoked ham bone (with a few meat on it)
- 2/three cup dry sherry
|Prep : 30M||Cook : 5M||Ready in : 11H50M|
- Soak the beans in a single day in a pan of water.
- Drain off the soaking water. Simmer beans in eight cups of water until soft.
- While the beans are cooking, saute the chopped onion and celery in margarine until golden. Add the greens to the soup pot along with bay leaves, parsley, salt, pepper, and ham bone. Cook over medium warmness for 3 hours, adding water if needed.
- After the beans are cooked and tender, cast off the ham. Set aside. Cool soup, and puree in batches. Return the soup to the pot, and add dry sherry.
- Cut the beef off the bone, and upload the beef to the soup. Cook over low warmth until warmed thru, and alter seasonings.
All recipes with this dish can allow you to get a new and positive cooking encounter in your kitchen and create healthier and more delicious food options. No matter the occasion, be it a dinner party or only a snack for yourself, it's simple to locate pure food recipes that are right for you. If this Patty's Mom's Black Bean Soup recipe fits your family's tastes, please share, opinion and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the check out!
Videos For Patty's Mom's Black Bean Soup :
Video Duration:04:58 Total Views: 28000+