|Red Kidney Beans (Rajma)|
"Enjoy this Indian recipe for rajma (purple kidney beans) with jeera (cumin) rice. You can spice this up according to your taste! If you have got an Indian grocery keep to your place, you may upload a super flavor to it by using adding one spoon of 'garam masala' that is a special blend of blended spices...But it's just as wonderful without it!"
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- five whole cloves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 (1 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole cardamom pod (optional)
- 2 onion, chopped
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- four cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced sparkling ginger root
- 1 teaspoon powdered purple pepper or dried Cajun pepper (optionally available)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, tired
- salt to flavor
- 6 sprigs cilantro, minced
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 2M||Ready in : 20M|
- Heat oil in a massive saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in the cloves, whole black peppercorn, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf. Cover the pan because the pepper has a tendency to splutter proper out of the pan and might reason burns! Let heat for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and upload the sliced onions. Saute until the onions are gentle and almost translucent. Mix in the tomatoes and saute nicely. (For a first rate taste, saute till almost dry.)
- Raise the stovetop's temperature to a medium warmth. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for 2 to a few mins. Mix in the chili powder, crimson kidney beans and salt; blend well. Slowly upload water a small amount at a time. You are including water to create a gravy, only upload water till the gravy has reached the consistency which you would like. For a smoother gravy, cool and mix the sauteed aggregate earlier than including the red kidney beans. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with warm cooked rice (see Cook's Note for hyperlink to Cumin Rice).
- This is delicious over white or brown basmati rice or jasmine rice. Try it over Jeera (Cumin) Rice!
All recipes for this dish will allow you to get a fresh and favorable cooking encounter on your kitchen and make healthier and more delicious food options. No matter the occasion, be it a dinner party or just a snack for yourself, it's simple to locate pure food recipes that are ideal for you. If this Red Kidney Beans (Rajma) recipe fits your family's preference, please share, remark and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the check out!
Videos For Red Kidney Beans (Rajma) :
Video Duration:06:43 Total Views: 1000+
Video Duration:04:03 Total Views: 20000+
Video Duration:04:49 Total Views: 442
Video Duration:03:47 Total Views: 17000+