"A French Canadian meat pie typically served Christmas Eve, this pie has a gently spiced and herbed beef filling with a pastry crust."
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 half of cups pork stock
- three small onion, chopped
- 2 cups clean sliced mushrooms
- three cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- half teaspoon floor black pepper
- half of teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sparkling bread crumbs
- half cup chopped parsley
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
|Prep : 45M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 5H40M|
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook red meat, breaking up with spoon, for about 10 minutes or until not crimson. Drain fats.
- Stir in inventory, onions, garlic, mushrooms, celery, salt, cinnamon, pepper, savory, and cloves; carry to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 35 to forty five minutes, or till 2 tablespoons liquid is left. Stir in clean bread crumbs and parsley. Taste, and modify the seasoning to your liking. Cover, and refrigerate until bloodless. The filling may be saved for up to in the future.
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F (190 levels C).
- Roll out pastry to about 1/8 inch thickness, and healthy to pie plate. Spoon filling into shell. Roll out pinnacle pastry. Moisten rim of pie shell with water. Cover with pinnacle pastry, urgent edges collectively to seal. Trim and flute pastry area. Beat egg with water, and brush over the top pastry. Cut steam vents in pinnacle.
- Bake in preheated oven till pastry is golden brown, approximately forty five mins. Allow to cool for about 10 mins earlier than serving.
All recipes for this dish will help you get a new and favorable cooking encounter in your kitchen and create healthier and more delicious food choices. Whatever the event, be it a dinner party or just a snack on your own, it's simple to find pure food recipes that are right for you. If this Reveillon Tourtiere recipe fits your family's flavor, please share, opinion and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the check out!
Videos For Reveillon Tourtiere :
Video Duration:14:19 Total Views: 637
Video Duration:43:03 Total Views: 450
Video Duration:49:22 Total Views: 25
Video Duration:11:55 Total Views: 39000+
Video Duration:03:14 Total Views: 34000+
Video Duration:04:06 Total Views: 4000+