|Fragrant Millet Pilaf|
"Saffron, orange rind and coriander seed make simple millet plain no more!"
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup millet
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 3/4 cups water
- eight ounces firm tofu
- 2/three cup white wine
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/three cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 half cups chopped tomatoes
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 4M||Ready in : 1H20M|
- In a heavy saucepan, warmness the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for five mins, stirring regularly.
- Mix the millet, coriander and cinnamon into the saucepan; saute for every other minute or , stirring constantly. Stir in the saffron threads, salt, pepper, and water. Bring the aggregate to a boil over excessive heat, then cowl the pan, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the millet simmers, prepare the tofu: Cut the tofu into small cubes about the dimensions of peas. Place the tofu in a saucepan, and cowl it with the white wine. Add the shallots and the garlic. Place the pan over medium-high warmness until the wine involves a simmer, then turn the warmth to low. Simmer the tofu for 10 mins or till the wine is decreased by means of half of.
- When the millet has simmered for 30 minutes, add it and it's cooking liquid to the tofu. Mix inside the corn and the orange rind. Stir nicely, then cover the pan and keep cooking for five minutes.
- Stir the tomatoes into the millet. Season with salt and pepper, then spoon the millet pilaf onto plates. Garnish with the chopped green onions and serve.
All recipes for this dish can help you get a new and positive cooking encounter on your kitchen and create healthier and more delicious food options. Whatever the event, make it a dinner party or just a snack for yourself, it's easy to locate pure food recipes that are right for you. If this Fragrant Millet Pilaf recipe fits your family's flavor, please share, opinion and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the check out!