|Navajo Fry Bread I|
"A conventional Native American bread. Great served with honey, jam, or butter."
- three 1/four cups all-motive flour
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons lard, chilled and reduce into small portions
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (elective)
- 1 cup lard for frying
|Prep :||Cook : 8M||Ready in :|
- In a huge bowl mix together flour, non-fats dry milk powder, baking powder, and salt. Cut in 5 tablespoons of the lard into the dry mixture till it resembles satisfactory crumbs. Add the ice water and mix until the dough pulls cleanly away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover with a towel and set apart for two hours.
- Divide the dough into two large portions. Shape every piece right into a circle. Roll each piece out on a gently floured board to one/four inch thick. Make 2 parallel cuts through the dough with out cutting all the manner thru. Let the dough relaxation in brief.
- Heat the ultimate lard in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high warmth. Once it's miles warm, upload the first shaped dough. Fry for 4-5 minutes on the first facet, until golden, flip over and end cooking on the second one facet for three-4 mins. Remove the bread from the skillet and drain onto paper towels. Sprinkle with sea salt, if favored. Keep warm while 2nd segment cooks.
- Cut bread into wedges. Serve warm.
All recipes for this dish can allow you to get a fresh and favorable cooking experience on your kitchen and make healthier and more delicious food choices. Whatever the event, be it a dinner party or only a snack for yourself, it's simple to find pure food recipes that are ideal for you. If this Navajo Fry Bread I recipe suits your family's tastes, please share, remark and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the visit!
Videos For Navajo Fry Bread I :
Video Duration:13:02 Total Views: 9000+
Video Duration:04:28 Total Views: 103000+
Video Duration:11:11 Total Views: 144000+
Video Duration:14:02 Total Views: 15000+
Video Duration:07:07 Total Views: 15000+
Video Duration:01:46 Total Views: 242000+