"This is a wealthy pie bursting with stewed dried figs and crowned with fluffy meringue. The figs need to be soaked in a single day, so plan in advance!"
- 1 (nine inch) pie crust, baked
- three/four pound dried figs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/four teaspoon salt
- three egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
|Prep : 25M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : P1D|
- Put quartered figs right into a bowl and pour in sufficient water to cover them completely. Cover bowl and region in fridge to soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, pour figs and soaking water into a medium saucepan. Simmer over low heat for two 1/2 hours, including more water as important to save you figs from becoming dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 tiers F (one hundred seventy five levels C).
- To Make Fig Filling: In a small bowl, integrate 2 crushed eggs, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt. Blend together. Gradually pour hot fig mixture into overwhelmed eggs, whisking continuously. Return filling aggregate to saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until aggregate thickens. Pour fig filling into baked pie shell.
- To Make Meringue: In a medium mixing bowl, beat 3 egg whites till foamy. Continue to beat whilst adding 1/four cup sugar one tablespoon at a time, till whites shape stiff peaks. Spread over fig filling, sealing absolutely to fringe of crust.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 10 to twelve mins, until meringue is browned.
All recipes with this dish will allow you to get a fresh and positive cooking experience in your kitchen and create healthier and more delicious food choices. Whatever the event, make it a dinner party or only a snack for yourself, it's simple to locate pure food recipes that are ideal for you. If this Fig Pie recipe suits your family's tastes, please share, opinion and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the check out!
Videos For Fig Pie :
Video Duration:08:30 Total Views: 6000+
Video Duration:03:16 Total Views: 3000+
Video Duration:10:20 Total Views: 11000+
Video Duration:05:25 Total Views: 178