|Kentucky Bourbon Cake|
"Fruit cake soaked in whiskey. Should be made a month earlier, if you can wait that long (I can't!). You'll want some cheesecloth for giving this cake its trademark bourbon wrap."
- 2 cups bourbon
- 8 ounces golden raisins
- sixteen oz. Crimson candied cherries, halved
- 3/four pound butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons floor nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 cups all-motive flour
- 1 pound chopped pecans
- 1 cup bourbon
|Prep :||Cook : 14M||Ready in :|
- Preheat oven to 275 levels F (one hundred thirty five ranges C). Grease a ten inch tube pan and line backside with parchment paper.
- Soak raisins and cherries in 2 cups of bourbon or whiskey for 48 hours. Before making cake, drain well and reserve the bourbon.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, nutmeg and baking powder. Set apart.
- In a small bowl, cream butter with the white sugar. In a separate small bowl, cream yolks and brown sugar till very mild.
- In a completely huge bowl, combine the two sugar combos and blend nicely.
- Alternately upload flour aggregate and reserved bourbon in 3 degrees, blending properly with every addition.
- Add soaked fruit and fold in. Add nuts and fold in.
- In a smooth medium bowl, whip egg whites till stiff however not dry. Fold into batter until lightly disbursed.
- Pour into organized 10 inch tube pan. Place a pan of water within the bottom of the oven and bake for four to 5 hours at 275 ranges F (135 tiers C). Ovens vary, so watch the baking time. Test cake with wooden pick out. (May take longer than five hours).
- Remove from oven and permit to cool for 15 minutes before turning out. When nearly cool, brush aspects and inner hollow heavily with bourbon. Wrap cake with bourbon soaked cheesecloth, then with plastic wrap. Refrigerate in a single day and saturate once more with bourbon. Cover with plastic wrap after which with foil and store for at least 2 weeks in a cool dry location.
- Reynolds® parchment may be used for less difficult cleanup/removal from the pan.
All recipes with this dish will allow you to get a new and favorable cooking experience on your kitchen and make healthier and more delicious food options. Whatever the occasion, be it a dinner party or only a snack on your own, it's simple to locate pure food recipes that are right for you. If this Kentucky Bourbon Cake recipe suits your family's preference, please share, remark and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the check out!
Videos For Kentucky Bourbon Cake :
Video Duration:07:00 Total Views: 1000+
Video Duration:01:02 Total Views: 517
Video Duration:05:01 Total Views: 3000+
Video Duration:00:58 Total Views: 2000+
Video Duration:04:17 Total Views: 83000+
Video Duration:10:59 Total Views: 1000+
Video Duration:06:06 Total Views: 55000+