|Nell's Irish Boiled Cake|
"Great tasting and easy. This is much like a fruitcake."
- half cup raisins
- half cup golden raisins
- half of cup dried currants
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup entire wheat flour
- 1 cup all-cause flour
- 1 half teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
|Prep : 30M||Cook : 12M||Ready in : 1H15M|
- In a medium saucepan, combine the raisins, golden raisins, currants, brown sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium warmness, stirring every so often, until boiling. Boil for 20 minutes, then remove from heat and set apart to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (175 stages). Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, all reason flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the boiled substances along with the cooking sherry, mix until properly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 mins inside the preheated oven, then reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 levels C) and bake 15 greater mins, or until a toothpick inserted comes out smooth.
All recipes with this dish can help you get a fresh and positive cooking experience in your kitchen and create healthier and more delicious food options. No matter the event, be it a dinner party or only a snack for yourself, it's simple to locate pure food recipes that are right for you. If this Nell's Irish Boiled Cake recipe suits your family's preference, please share, opinion and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the check out!