|Pat's Rose Apple Pie|
"A picturesque as well as scrumptious apple pie"
- 2 half of cups all-motive flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- half cup butter, chilled and diced
- 1/2 cup shortening, chilled and diced
- five tablespoons ice water
- 6 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and reduce into 1/four inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- half cup mild brown sugar
- 1/four cup all-purpose flour
- half teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1/four teaspoon ground allspice
- half cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
|Prep :||Cook : 8M||Ready in :|
- Position oven rack in lowest 1/3 of oven. Preheat oven to four hundred tiers F (200 tiers C).
- To Make Crust: In the bowl of a meals processor integrate 2 1/2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and salt. Blend in brief to mix ingredients. Cut in chilled butter and shortening the usage of the "pulse" button of meals processor, until combination resembles coarse meal. Gradually blend in sufficient water to form moist clumps.
- Gather dough into a ball and divide in half of. Flatten each half of into disks, wrap in plastic, and relaxation in refrigerator. (Dough may be saved in refrigerator up to a few days, or frozen.)
- To Make Filling: Chop 2 of the apples into massive chunks. Cut the alternative 4 apples into 1/8 inch slices.
- Place the two chunked apples in food processor with 1/four cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Blend until apples resemble applesauce.
- Place the four sliced apples in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, nutmeg, allspice, and white sugar. Sprinkle over sliced apples, then add lemon juice, vanilla extract, and rum. Toss till apples are very well covered. Set apart for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, roll out 1 dough disk to twelve inches in diameter. Fit into a nine-inch deep-dish pie plate, permitting half inch overhang on edges. Place a circle of parchment paper or a flattened espresso clear out in middle of pie shell and cover with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake pie shell in preheated oven for 10 to fifteen minutes, until edges begin to brown. Remove pie weights or beans, and cool pie shell.
- Drain juices from apple slice aggregate right into a saucepan. Simmer just till liquid begins to thicken. Stir thickened juices into pureed apple combination, and spread this combination into bottom of pre-baked pie shell.
- Arrange apple slices over pureed apple layer, placing slices perpendicular to outdoor rim of pie plate, to shape a "rose" style configuration, beginning along outer edges and moving closer to center.
- Roll out different half of of pastry and cut out ornamental leaf shapes. Brush every leaf with milk and arrange on top of pie and around edges of crust, placing milk side down. When finished, brush the top of all of pastry with milk, and sprinkle gently with sugar. Cover outer rim of pastry with aluminum foil to save you overbrowning.
- Place pie in preheated oven and bake 1 hour to at least one hour and 15 mins, until juices bubble and crust browns. Remove aluminum foil forty five mins into baking time to allow crust edges to brown.
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil may be used to maintain food wet, prepare dinner it frivolously, and make smooth-up less difficult.
All recipes with this dish will allow you to get a fresh and positive cooking experience on your kitchen and create healthier and more delicious food options. No matter the occasion, make it a dinner party or just a snack for yourself, it's simple to locate pure food recipes that are ideal for you. If this Pat's Rose Apple Pie recipe suits your family's style, please share, remark and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the go to here!
Videos For Pat's Rose Apple Pie :
Video Duration:04:08 Total Views: 9000+