|Hot Water Cornbread|
"This is a totally old skool recipe. The cornbread is formed into little desserts and fried, instead of baked. They are served with maple syrup or honey."
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/four cup boiling water
|Prep : 5M||Cook : 6M||Ready in : 15M|
- In a medium bowl, integrate cornmeal, salt, and sugar. Add boiling water and shortening; stir until shortening melts.
- Pour oil or bacon fat to a intensity of half inch in a big skillet and warmth to 375 degrees F (190 tiers C).
- Shape cornmeal combination into flattened balls the usage of a heaping tablespoon as a measuring guide. Fry each in hot oil, turning as soon as, till crisp and golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve right now with maple syrup or honey.
- You can use bacon grease in place of the shortening, if preferred.
- Try the usage of a Reynolds® gradual cooker liner for your sluggish cooker for simpler cleanup.
All recipes for this dish can allow you to get a new and favorable cooking experience in your kitchen and make healthier and more delicious food choices. No matter the event, be it a dinner party or only a snack for yourself, it's simple to locate pure food recipes that are ideal for you. If this Hot Water Cornbread recipe complements your family's flavour, please share, opinion and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the go to here!
Videos For Hot Water Cornbread :
Video Duration:11:55 Total Views: 25000+
Video Duration:06:53 Total Views: 590000+
Video Duration:08:18 Total Views: 15000+