|Old Time Mincemeat Pie|
"An old school mincemeat pie filling made with meat and sour cherries."
- 1 1/four kilos spherical steak, reduce into small pieces
- 1 cup apple cider
- 4 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1 1/three cups white sugar
- 2 half cups dried currants
- 2 half of cups raisins
- half of pound chopped candied combined fruit peel
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) jar bitter cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- half teaspoon floor cloves
- half of teaspoon ground nutmeg
- half of teaspoon ground cinnamon
- half teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can pitted bitter cherries, tired with liquid reserved
- 1 recipe pastry for a nine inch double crust pie
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
|Prep : 45M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : P7D|
- In a Dutch oven, integrate red meat and apple cider. Bring to a boil, then lessen heat to a simmer. Cover and prepare dinner for approximately 20 minutes, or until meat is gentle. Remove meat and coarsely chop, then go back it to the pot.
- Stir in chopped apples, sugar, currants, raisins, citrus peel, butter and cherry preserves. Add ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Let simmer, uncovered, over low heat until combination is very thick, about 90 mins. Stir in cherries and put off from heat.
- Refrigerate tightly blanketed for at least per week earlier than using.
- Preheat oven to 350 ranges F (one hundred seventy five ranges C). Put filling in unbaked pie shell and vicinity pastry on top. Crimp edges and poke numerous holes in pinnacle pastry. Brush pinnacle with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to maintain food wet, prepare dinner it lightly, and make easy-up simpler.
All recipes for this dish will allow you to get a fresh and positive cooking experience in your kitchen and make healthier and more delicious food options. No matter the event, make it a dinner party or just a snack for yourself, it's easy to locate pure food recipes that are ideal for you. If this Old Time Mincemeat Pie recipe complements your family's preference, please share, remark and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the visit!
Videos For Old Time Mincemeat Pie :
Video Duration:04:47 Total Views: 27000+
Video Duration:05:04 Total Views: 849000+
Video Duration:10:13 Total Views: 101000+
Video Duration:11:03 Total Views: 5000+
Video Duration:04:29 Total Views: 7000+